support

yaari pannwitz yaari at bg5.de
Sat Jul 18 11:20:01 PDT 2009

Dear colleagues,

a few days ago we came back from Kampala, Uganda where we (Kasia
Szajda, Poland, Dominik Ringler, Germany, Yaari Pannwitz, Germany)
had the exceptional chance to run an open space training.
June 21.-27. 2009, 45 youth worker, 13 from Germany, Austria and
Poland, 32 from Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania (find a short report and
some pictures here: http://ostuganda09.wordpress.com/ )
Still overwhelmed by the high energy and beauty of the training,
still slightly exhausted from the rough ride and still
culture-shocked finding ourselves back to Europe we are pushing
forward. It happened by chance that a colleague dropped out for a
workshop in Tanzania in September. Dominik is jumping in and this was
when the idea of a learning exchange emerged.

The plan is to run two learning exchanges with pax from the training
in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Kampala, Uganda completed by local
youth workers which were not able to attend the training. we expect
about 35 participants to join each exchange. The designs for these
learning exchanges so far is a planning-session, open space,
action-planning all run by former local trainees. Accompanied and
supported during the exchange and consultation and evaluation
afterwards by the two of us. The aim is to deepen the experiences
that were gathered throughout the training, to share experiences with
open space after the training, to focus on local challenges of
running an open space meeting and to strengthen the local open space
network.

So good so far ... we need money! We are able to cover 40% of the
expenses already. At the moment we are in contact with foundations
and already won the local host in Kampala to take part and to provide
the place of venue for free. Our travelling is covered through the
workshop which will take place anyhow.

We are kindly asking you and your organizations and your institutes
to donate money or support us with any kind of advice or support. We
would need about 4.000 EUR (= 5.600 USD) to cover the travel costs,
accommodation of the local pax and material for the two learning
exchanges.

If you need further information about how to donate money or how to
support us, please don't hesitate to contact us directly (Yaari:
yaari[at]bg5.de or Dominik isis-berlin[at]gmx.de)
 From Berlin with love

yaari and dominik