Burning Man

Frank Deitle frankdeitle at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 11:05:26 PST 2009

Quite appropriate!

For those on the list not familiar with Burning Man Festival... Think of a 30,000 participant open space event for one week in the desert (a temporary city is phenomenally constructed in a self-organized fashion) with a new theme every year. It operates on a gift economy. It is a celebration of art, music, community, and culture. I think of Burning Man as a predictor of what is possible for society and culture on a large scale in a truly "open space world"!

Peace,
Frank