Fwd: A transition effective, delightful, profound...

Liz Logan liz at LIZLOGAN.COM
Sun Jan 18 03:52:03 PST 2009

Hi Peggy, Carol, Sirin and all,

I don't think I have ever posted to the list before, but this topic has
brought me out of the woodwork!

Yes, I have been involved in this movement (see also www.relocalize.net) for
several years.  In fact, this is why I quite my academic job and have spent
the last three years studying facilitation--I believe that the solution to
the problems of peak oil, climate change, economic collapse, etc etc are
best addressed at the community level, and I believe my calling is in the
"people" end of things.

I was delighted to discover OST was being used by the TT movement, as that's
what I thought would work as well!  My very first OST facilitation
experience was at a peak oil meeting, in fact.

I'm very interested in participating in or setting up a network for
facilitators in this line of work/people who are doing this work and
interested in facilitating.  My interest goes beyond OST meetings and into
community development as well.  I haven't done any searching yet, so I have
no idea what is already out there.  Does anyone have a similar interest or
resources to suggest?

I also recently revived my blog, and am sharing the story of developing a
Transition Town initiative.  It's at www.elizabethlogan.blogspot.com.
Earlier today I posted a link to the amazing Transition Declaration of
Independence.

Thanks for the topic (and thanks Raffi for the heads up!)

~Liz Logan