Request for Articles of OS use in Civic Engagement projects to reduce Youth Violence

Judy Gast jgast at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 28 12:22:00 PST 2009

Hello all again,

I have been talking to a potential client about the use of Open Space for a five year community project (funded) with the goal of engaging the local community to come up with and implement programs and other initiatives that will serve to reduce violence amongst black youth.   The project has just started and my contact has recruited a large number of passionate stakeholders and held several meetings.  He is now looking for a means to decide on various projects (to serve the overall strategy/goals) and form subcommittees so that the initial enthusiasm doesn't wane.

I am meeting with my contact next week and would like to present or leave behind articles and/or case studies highlighting the use of Open Space for similar applications.

Thanks for all help...and I agree that if I get the gig, once completed I will write it up and share freely!

Judy Gast
Organizational Effectiveness Consultant
Barnes Management Group
1071 King St. West Suite 102