An OS approach to home decoration

Steve Engle stefano.engle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 08:23:33 PST 2009

This is all fantasy, but I thought it might be fun to share.

I'm about to do a move to a new home, and was discussing with my girlfriend
how our stuff was going to be placed in the new spaces.  I arrived at the
following OS process for home decoration;

- In the gathering space of the new house (the destination house), we place
stickers with pictures of all of our objects.  Maybe some information also
about dimensions or constraints (like, needs power).
- We invite guests to show up, in a house warming party fashion, maybe some
wine, music, and candle light.
- Guests can move amongst the rooms, placing the stickers of the objects
where they suggest they go.
- Guests can also move already placed stickers to other rooms if they
desire.

At the end of night, where the stickers lie, is where the stuff goes.

love and light,
Steve