Transition Movement and open Space

bill aal waal at toolsforchange.org
Mon Jan 19 12:09:30 PST 2009

I have been working in the Transition movement for a little while  in the
Northwest and am a part of the Trainers Pool for Transition USA>

Transition embodies open space in two ways: 1) as a specific technique
during 2 day trainings, and in large events to unleash the collective genius
of the community to help build resiliency.  2) As I see it, not necessarily
the folks from Totness,  the whole process of the Transition Initiative is
about opening space for a whole community to navigate a transition to a
sustainable and just  society.   The organizers in Totness and other cities
are very savvy about various process approaches and adopting/adapting them
as is useful.  One other interesting aspect of the Transition Initiatives is
that in many places there is an integration of Inner and Outer work as
embodied by Heart and Soul working group  in many of the Initiatives.  These
Heart and Soul groups help bring spirit, culture and inner work into the
mix.

I am very excited about the prospects for this movement around the world and
will be happy share my experience as a trainer and organizer in the
Transition movement on this list as appropriate.

Yours in Transition!

Bill  Aal

Tools for Change

www.toolsforchange.org