OS or not?

Robyn Williams pov at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 9 19:32:55 PST 2009

Hi

Years ago I attended a large conference with a standard format, key note
speakers, concurrent sessions, short breaks, etc. One thing that worked well
(for me) was the conversation opportunities with the speakers. Not OS
however people could get together and enjoy a discussion with our preferred
speaker. I assume other discussion groups were rewarding too, and the
organisers made the most of inviting people with a wealth of experience to
share.

As speakers are a given, and are a drawcard for the delegates, can some be
encouraged to stick around and join in the OS, especially if must start
after lunch? I understand that the client/sponsor might want a say in this
;0)

Cheers, Robyn

Fremantle, Western Australia

Robyn Williams