Marysville

Robert Chaffe chaffer at eftel.net.au
Sat Feb 7 17:52:25 PST 2009

Thanks Viv for alerting the OS community.

In Alexandra we are waiting for the next move, all roads to the south
are closed and the main fire is about 15km away.  The weather
yesterday was  the worst ever with temperatures over 45C and winds
over 25knots up to 45+ in some places.  There have been over 25 people
killed in one day of fires.

Those of us at OSomOS in Marysville will recall how quiet it was when
we walked in the forest and how hot it was.  Well that is what is like
today!!!

Please include the victims of this disaster in your thoughts and
prayers, the world has just turned over a new page the Old Marysville
is past and a new reality dawns.

Regards
Rob