More on Creation

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 12:01:33 PST 2009

On Feb 17, 2009, at 2:00 AM, Harrison wrote:

> Well now you have really stepped in it! And for sure you got your
> response!

(Well, I didn't wade in completely blindly, I hope.)

Thanks, everyone, for this dialogue.  I guess I knew many of us here
see creation as a self-organizing event, as I believe.  My real
question is not about what WE think but what others whom we ask to
operate in open space might experience.  Cognitive dissonance?
Religious doubt?  Fear?  A sense of being shaken to the core?

Is open space not a threat to some established orders?  Am I
exaggerating the impact of a world/culture of space opening everywhere
all the time?

We know that once people step into the space, it works, and they get
it and enjoy it.  But if they sit down and think about it, might they
have some very interesting questions?

Ralph

>From  Tue Feb 17 12:28:33 2009
I've met with deep fear of and/or inability to deal with non-hierarchically authoritative settings - and when I ask folks what their dreams and passions are, my favorite question, more often than not I get a blank stare ... Perhaps concepts of 'self' are so programmed that it's risky for folks to even raise the question of what 'opening space' to ask questions might look like

LEVEL GREEN - fostering sustainable community through collaborative initiatives in hospitality, education and the arts, in the 150 year-old democratic spirit of the Danish Folk School. 1519 Slaterville Road, Ithaca, NY 14850 (607) 339-9472

<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid">From: Ralph Copleman <rcopleman at comcast.net><BR>Subject: [OSLIST] More on Creation<BR>To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU<BR>Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 3:01 PM<BR><BR><PRE>On Feb 17, 2009, at 2:00 AM, Harrison wrote: