Wave Riding in the New Year

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 09:34:17 PST 2009

Tough and impossible question?? I could easily get lost in it on this
reflective day of New Year's eve.  Intuitively, I wonder if the answer can
come from a place in the head. Like Wave Riders navigating a wave, does
operating/navigating in a self-organizing world not come from a place of
feeling, of trusting, of letting go, of doing, of being...when all our
senses are activated and responding without thinking, just living in our
present moment because for an instant, for a minute and maybe a few hours
and days, we're not coming from that place of control. Is it something to
know or to feel or most likely both?

But if it is something to feel more than to know, then what about the
experience of OS and how that feels?   OS for me is the invitation to create
the magic in present moments that have a spirit of play which remind us that
work *is* play. By opening space we  activate feeling, high energy and
experiential.

I see Open Space as the GPS system guiding us back to the place that we call
home: our self-organizing world, our self-organizing life.

Energized, hopeful, and so grateful about the NOW and this upcoming year
bubbling with opportunity....

Suzanne

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net> wrote:

>  Raffi asked some provocative questions about Wave Riding -- and I don't
> know that I have the answers, but    I do know a good question when I see
> one. While I think we have learned a great deal about operating in a self
> organizing world from our collective experience with open space, that is,
> after all, a rather limited situation. So the question is out there -- what
> do we know about operating/navigating in a self organizing world that may be
> different from our experience in OS? Or is there any difference -- it is
> just bigger.
>

> Harrison
>

> Harrison Owen
>
> 7808 River Falls Dr.