Wave Riding in the New Year

Lucy Garrick - NorthShore Group lgarrick at northshoregroup.net
Thu Dec 31 07:08:46 PST 2009

I have more experience operating in a self-organizing world than in OS
- after all it is where I live all the time.

This holiday season,  I am in a particularly reflectivce mode -
wondering about the arcs and troughs of the last year and decade more
intentionally than in years past.  I haven't read Wave Rider yet,  so
I will respond to this from the perspecive of OS  and what it teaches
about wave riding.

OS holds a lesson for me riding waves of the larger world and maybe
even universe.   Any OS event can be seen as a microcosm of the larger
world.  Every day-to-day encounter adding up to one large OS.
Interestingly, while it is easier to learn the principles of OS for an
OS event, for me, it seems a more natural thing to apply those
principles in a worldly or universal context than - perhaps this is
because the illusion of control is easier to accept as real when less
is going on.

I usually think of OS as a method for convening and talking about what
matters most to the participants, and indeed, it can be that.  But
more importantly perhaps, it is also an invitation to take care of
yourself and take responsibility for what you give and what you take,
and let everyone else do the same.

Thanks Raffi and Harrison for the questions.  Happy 2010 to all. Lucy

Lucy Garrick
NorthShore Group
Business/Organizational Consultant/Coach
http://www.northshoregroup.net
Ph: +1*206-335-5635
Time zone: PDT/GMT -7
Blog: Global Outlook From The North Shore
Twitter: NewsAboutChange