Open Government Directive Workshop Series (Jan 11th @ US DOT)

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Sun Dec 13 14:26:37 PST 2009

Souns wonderful! always works. GO!@

ho

From: OSLIST [mailto:OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU] On Behalf Of Lucas
Cioffi
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 4:00 PM
To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
Subject: Open Government Directive Workshop Series (Jan 11th @ US DOT)

A few months ago I didn't know much about Open Space.  After posting to this
list, I received some wonderful advice from Funda Oral, Lisa Heft, and
Kaliya Hamlin.  I also got a chance to read Harrison's book and meet him at
his DC get-together a few weeks ago.

Since that time Kaliya Hamlin volunteered and we put together the first
workshop in a series designed to help government agencies implement the
Administration's Open
<http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ogi-directive.pdf>
Government Directive to make government more transparent, participatory, and
collaborative.  We were lucky enough to have thirteen federal agencies
present their work that day (list of
<http://opengovdirective.pbworks.com/List-of-Presentations>  presentations
is here).

The Department of Transportation has now given us a tremendous opportunity
to create a follow-on event which reaches deeper into the government
community.  The DOT is hosting our next full-day workshop (half
presentations and half open space) on January 11th here in Washington, DC.
We just announced it on Friday.

I am returning to the OS list to post a few notes:

*	If you live within driving distance of Washington, DC please attend.
There is no cost to to you since the US Department of Transportation is
providing all the space and tech support.  We need your expertise so that
when federal employees start asking questions about citizen engagement and
participation, they can learn from you.  RSVP here
<http://opengov-workshop.eventbrite.com/> .
*	We need 1-2 volunteers that are interested in participating to help
document the event.  Your efforts will be truly appreciated.  When we submit
the funding request for workshops #3-10 to the GSA, you will be on our team
and will get paid for your efforts going forward.
*	If you cannot attend, you may watch the live streaming video online
on January 11th.  RSVP here <http://opengov-workshop.eventbrite.com/>  to be
notified of the link when it is live.  You'll be able to participate
remotely using Twitter and email.
*	We are so thankful for this opportunity, and we recognize that it
certainly comes with a responsibility to present the OS community to 100+
federal employees from dozens of agencies in the best possible light.  We
are determined to get this right.  Please don't hesitate to send us your
advice; we hope to see you on Jan 11th.

Lucas Cioffi
CEO, AthenaBridge Inc
Washington, DC