body-mind and facilitation conversations

Alex Iglecia alexiglecia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 15:24:53 PDT 2009

*Harrison: *
We have never (at least I have never) done the inquiry you suggest formally.
But if you listen to the comments in many (most) Closing Circles, it is
pretty clear that much or all of what you are describing is, or has taken
place. People speak about “Freedom,” “connection,” “coming home,” “being at
home,” “Peace,” – and such. If we had been doing a 24 hour meditation – I
would be pleased with the results. But all we did was sit in a circle,
create a bulletin board, open and market place and go to work on some pretty
mundane issue. Like “Employee Relations” Or whatever.

*Alex: *
Your words exactly describe my thoughts :)
"If we had been doing a 24 hour meditation – I would be pleased with the
results. But all we did was..."
Exactly. Love it. Your point elsewhere about many individual practices, but
not many actual group practices, also resonates strongly for me.

Having read and worked with Integral and Human development works, I've
noticed there is plenty of interest and suggestion for first person,
subjective practices, be them body or mind focused. There are a number of
attempt at inter subjective practices, but many of these are body-based
injunctions to create states (mind or spirit), not to guide groups towards
actual alignment in purpose. I appreciate the point you make in the User
guide that "if I empower you, to some extent you are in my power" and
likewise feel the pull to flip standard models heads down and feet up,
opening to a practical body-mind approach that self-generates results...

Alex Iglecia
781-405-1248

p.s. Easy ways to find me online:
http://www.alexiglecia.com