Why is a grid sometimes useful?

Steve Cochran scochran305 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:48:40 PDT 2009

Hello, All -

I haven't thought about this, even after 10-12 years of open space. Being
sort of a neatnick, I usually go for the grid (makes me feel like I'm
providing some cover for first-timers...).

Thanks as always to everyone for expanding my thinking!  I usually (maybe
unconsciously) seem to drift toward Harrison's 'less-is'more' philosophy -
and as an inherently lazy person am happy to let go of one more duty or
responsibility.

Erik's observation of responding to the group's needs is what shakes out
most effectively for me.

Best to All -

Steve Cochran
Sustainability Strategies LLC <http://sustainabilitystrategies.com/>