Taiwan News

Gail West icataiw at ms69.hinet.net
Fri Aug 14 03:40:45 PDT 2009

Some of you have sent messages and positive energy to us in Taiwan
since the onslaught of  typhoon Morakot last weekend.  As you have
probably seen on the news and internet there have been huge amounts
of rain, wind, mud slides, some communities destroyed, buildings,
roads and farms washed into the sea.  The major damage is in the
south part of the island and mountain regions and rescue teams are
still out looking for survivors.  The response of volunteers and
NGOs, contributions of money and supplies has been overwhelming.  And
many offers for facilitation have been made.

Cities and bigger towns dried up quickly and are back to normal even
though we continue to have some rain.  Infrastructure disruption was
minimal, and it will take a little time to regain the fresh food
supplies.

In anticipation of the gathering here in October, the WOSONOS team is
moving ahead with plans and preparation - and we hope you are too!.
Add some extra time to tour and enjoy the beauty and essence that is
Taiwan!

With appreciation

Gail
--