Seeking OS facilitator Boston USA

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Aug 12 13:40:16 PDT 2009

Hello, dear colleagues -

(no word yet on the article on OS with faith communities - thank you
so much for your photos, folks)

There is a possible situation for a Boston, USA event this August
27-29 - for which the client *may* be seeking a facilitator.
(She may decide her colleague will do it instead.)

It pays very little and is I think one of the hardest kinds of Open
Space things to do - concurrent Open Space - Open Space running
parallel with a more traditional conference.

Those of you who have done this may agree with me - I find it is
particularly difficult to hold space with flow in and out of the room,
not everyone is there for opens and closings so some people do not
feel a sense of the 'road map', it can be hard to give conference
participants a good sense of what sessions are happening in the room
because they may only see what is written in the pre-published
conference schedule (so it often depends on the signage in the space
and the hallways), difficult to keep documentation running and
sometimes there isn't even a main room.  All this plus the opening and
agenda co-creation is separated from the sessions - it is not all one
big flow.

I did try, as you may know I might, to help them adjust design a
little bit.

This is also very short notice for the pre-work, I know - this call
just came in.

I would help if I could but my schedule is already booked for those
dates. One day, I look forward to seeing some of you Bostonite Open
Spaceniks, as I have never been to fair Boston.

They are looking for someone local as they likely do not have funds
for travel and other such expenses.

If you are interested, please contact me directly at lisaheft at openingspace.net
  within the next few days, please.

Thank you, and cheers from a summery Berkeley afternoon, and let us
all send good thoughts to conference organizers to think of these
things long before they finalize the design of the conference ;o)

Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space
lisaheft at openingspace.net
www.openingspace.net

Join me for the Open Space Learning Workshop
December 9-11, San Francisco