City wide Open Space May 30

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Tue Apr 28 10:52:46 PDT 2009

Hey Doug -- Really cool! And actually there is a lot of good stuff right on
the mayor's website. So I would guess the thing to do is to contact the
Mayor -- which I am trying to do. And it turns out that Bruce Lundeen who
may not be on the list -- but is definitely an Open Spacer started this ball
rolling. I think this is truly exciting and just the best sort of use for
OST!

Site says: "This Summit will have a brief opening that frames its purpose to
the attendees. Then, individual attendees will be given the opportunity to
propose a discussion topic for a breakout session later in the day. Within
an hour, the entire day’s agenda will have been created by the people in
attendance using this innovative meeting format called Open Space
Technology. Downtown restaurants and public spaces will be used as places
for breakout meetings throughout the day. These locations will have laptops
that are linked to the day’s agenda, and which will be used to record the
discussions and commitments from each breakout session. This information
will be captured and shared with attendees via email and website.

** This is NOT a “City of Harrisonburg” event. This is me, as mayor,
convening a conversation. I know that’s grey, but there’s an important
distinction. This isn’t “tell the Harrisonburg government what to do”, it’s
“let’s all make this happen together." It is signed by Kai Degner (His Honor
the Mayor)

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the
archives Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html