convergence query

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Fri Apr 10 06:46:59 PDT 2009

Dear Michael Wood,
why do I sense and smell control?
Is it because it does not feel like an Open Space (real business issue,
decision time of yesterday, providing time and space for passion and
responsibility to unfold in an environment of selforganisation, etc.)?
Is it that I as participant would want to have more of a say in what
will happen rather than just passing on my ideas and then being put in a
feedback-loop to see how my input was used to shape policy?
Is it that I wonder why I am invíted to make an input and not to
actually be involved in shaping policy?
Is it that from my experience I know that convergence "old style"
(voting, dots, Delphi, families of issues)is a low energy drag since it
focuses on "themes" rather than "issues" or "projects" and does not
allow the rich potential for action to unfold?
Is it that I feel that neither themes nor actions need converging but
that there simply needs to be action planning on stuff people feel
passionate about?
Sorry for not having an answer or thoughts on alternatives.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpanne at boscop.org
www.boscop.org

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 462 resident Open
Space Workers in 73 countries working in a total of 139 countries worldwide
Have a look:
www.openspaceworldmap.org