Bad OS experiences

Brendan McKeague mckeague at iprimus.com.au
Wed Apr 8 08:03:38 PDT 2009

In my experience Bui, given that you've done the best you can with
the preparations, asked a good enough question, languaged the
invitation well etc, then Open Space creates a genuinely transparent
picture of 'what is'...
and what folks chose to do about 'what is', is entirely up to them...!

Also led me to pondering:  what do folks think constitutes a 'bad OS
experience'...?

Cheers from a warm Perth, Australia
Brendan

You wrote:
My wife for one participated in one OS forum, and she is not at all
convinced. Her experience was that the usual suspects did all the
talking and those that usually are quiet, stayed that way. I wasn't
there myself, but from what I gather there may have been some factors
that contributed to this such as, the size of the group (only 15),
the breakout spaces had tables and a couple of other factors.
Nevertheless, my wife is not convinced it could have been much different.