ost in the nytimes

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Mon Apr 20 08:29:43 PDT 2009

found this reference a bit shocking... when's the last time you heard ost
described as "bureaucratic"????

this from page two of the article, as posted online...
*
The Transition Handbook reads like an imaginative take on a
corporate-management text. It recommends techniques for building consensus,
from bureaucratic-sounding protocols like Open Space Technology to an
exercise in which people decorate a potato like a superhero. “The Transition
model,” the founder of one English Transition Town explained to me,
“provides a structure, a foundation for organizing.” And along with
Transition’s emphasis on hopefulness over fear, this rigorous playbook seems
to set it apart from earlier grass-roots crusades.*

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/19/magazine/19town-t.html?pagewanted=2

maybe we already had some talk here about transition town stuff?  wonder
what this manual might have done to make ost sound bureaucratic.

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

http://www.michaelherman.com
http://www.ronanparktrail.com