Help!

Jack Martin Leith jack at jackmartinleith.com
Wed Apr 1 02:07:25 PDT 2009

Hello Chris.

An interesting scenario, and I don't envy you!

I recently facilitated an Open Space in Edinburgh for the European nuclear
industry, where the 150 participants were seated at round tables. The
opening "circle" felt a little strange, but the agenda got created without
any problems. However, we did have a useable wall.

A year ago in Madrid I ran a one hour OS in an art gallery with everyone
standing up and nothing dislayed on the walls (apart from the artworks!).
The session hosts wrote their session titles on sheets of flipchart paper,
held them in the air and people gathered round the flags. There were no
reports, just very brief verbal report backs. The participants (MIT student
entrepreneurs) loved it, and wrote two unsolicited testimonials on my blog.

So I encourage you to be very creative (which I know you are!) and use the
constraints to your advantage.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you solved it, and what a great time
everyone had.

Warmest,

Jack

Jack Martin Leith : Fostering New Innovation Practice
Bristol, United Kingdom
Mobile: 07831 840541 (+44 7831 840541)
Skype: jackmartinleith
email: jack at jackmartinleith.com