Sort of kind of Open Spaces for Microsoft

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Thu Oct 30 00:26:01 PDT 2008

Hi there Doc...

You should check in with Teresa Posakony, who is on this list.  She used to
work in Microsoft and knows the culture very well there.  Also very handy
with a variety of processes.

Chris

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:13 AM, fergal barr <thekingisalive at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I suggest World Cafe as a very effective method....

> *My book:*  The Things People Say: Political Quotations from the Northern
> Ireland Peace Process
>
> *To buy it on-line:* http://www.trafford.com/07-2815
>
> *To order it in a book shop:* Give the nice man/woman this ISBN number :
> 1-4251-6179-0
>
> *Info about me:* http://trainers.salto-youth.net/FergalBarr/
>
> *Organisation I work for:* www.claudyyouth.com
>
> *Organistion I used to work for:* www.offthestreets.org
>
> *How I live my life:* Humour is the shortest distance between
> people;Always remember there is someone worse off than you; It's not a
> matter of if only a matter of when
>

> ------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:09:00 -0700
> From: doc at anotherthought.com
> Subject: Sort of kind of Open Spaces for Microsoft
> To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
>

> I'm working with Microsoft on a series of events called MSDN Developer
> Conference (MDC - http://www.msdndevcon.com). They are one day events
> around the country over the next few months.
> They want to hold some kind of community-driven discussions in parallel to
> the scheduled presentations.
>
> I've convinced them NOT to call these things "Open Space" because of the
> mental/emotional attachment those words have for so many people.  We're
> toying with names like "The Conversation Realm" or some such.
>
> With that background, I have two questions for this community:
>

>    1. Do you have suggestions for creating a hybrid thing that will
>    facilitate community-driven discussions, and that will run in parallel with
>    the organized, eyes-front sessions? I'm exploring basic tools like
>    fishbowls, approaches like World Cafe, and others.
>    2. If you live in or near one of these cities (see the website), would
>    you be interested in doing a non-paid gig for the Microsoft office in your
>    region, based on whatever framework/approach we come up with?
>

> Just for clarity, I will be facilitating a number of these, depending on my
> schedule, client commitments, and such.
>
> I'm looking forward to whatever comes of this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ...Doc
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Facilitation - Training - Process Design
Open Space Technology

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com

Principal, Harvest Moon Consultants, Ltd.
http://www.harvestmoonconsultants.com