Sort of kind of Open Spaces for Microsoft

Steven "Doc" List doc at anotherthought.com
Wed Oct 29 10:09:00 PDT 2008

I'm working with Microsoft on a series of events called MSDN Developer
Conference (MDC - http://www.msdndevcon.com). They are one day events
around the country over the next few months.

They want to hold some kind of community-driven discussions in
parallel to the scheduled presentations.

I've convinced them NOT to call these things "Open Space" because of
the mental/emotional attachment those words have for so many people.
We're toying with names like "The Conversation Realm" or some such.

With that background, I have two questions for this community:

Do you have suggestions for creating a hybrid thing that will
facilitate community-driven discussions, and that will run in parallel
with the organized, eyes-front sessions? I'm exploring basic tools
like fishbowls, approaches like World Cafe, and others.
If you live in or near one of these cities (see the website), would
you be interested in doing a non-paid gig for the Microsoft office in
your region, based on whatever framework/approach we come up with?

Just for clarity, I will be facilitating a number of these, depending
on my schedule, client commitments, and such.

I'm looking forward to whatever comes of this.

Thanks,

...Doc