CALLING...OSLIST SERVE - ADMINISTRATOR

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Tue Nov 25 10:48:22 PST 2008

The list started in December 1996.  We were truly pioneers!  Below is
the message from Murli Nagasundaram that launched the list.  It was on
a different platform at that time and when it moved, the archive
disappeared.

Gone, but not lost.  I have those messages on my computer.  If, at
some point, someone has the expertise to make those early days
available, I'm happy to provide the raw material.

appreciatively,
Peggy

On Dec 13, 1996, at 2:24 PM, <rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu> <rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
> [...]
> is now available on a TEMPORARY OSI WEB PAGE.  The location of that
> page
> is:
>
> http://www.idbsu.edu/business/murli/openspace
>
> Cheers!
>
> murli
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> Friends, OpenSpacers, and worldfolk,
>
> Prompted by Peggy's posting I've set up a discussion list for all
> who have
> email.  Any message posted to this list will automatically be
> distributed
> to anyone subscribed to this list.  This way we can have an
> unstructured
> discussion going in opencyberspace.
>
> To subscribe to the list, send the following electronic message:
>
> SUBSCRIBE OSLIST firstname lastname
>
> (Nothing more, just that; no subject, no signature, nothing else.
> Substitute your first name and your last name for "firstname" and
> "lastname".  If you don't have either a first or last name, invent,
> borrow,
> or steal one).
>
> Send this message to the following email address:
>
> LISTSERV at IDBSU.IDBSU.EDU
>
> You will receive confirmation of your subscription along with
> instructions.
> PLEASE SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS ON YOUR HARD DRIVE AND REFER TO THEM
> EARLY
> AND OFTEN INTO THE FUTURE, AND ESP. WHEN YOU WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE.
>
> Once you are subscribed (i.e., have received confirmation), you may
> post
> messages to the list by sending your messages to:
>
> OSLIST at IDBSU.IDBSU.EDU
>
> NOTE that this email address is different from the first one.  This
> is not
> a mistake. The first one you use only to subscribe and for some other
> housekeeping tasks that we can talk about later, if you're not
> familiar
> with this set up. After you subscribe you only need to be concerned
> with
> this second email address if all you want to do is post messages (and
> receive them, of course).
>
> That's it!
>
> (NOTE TO EXPERTS: Sorry about being long winded--the instructions
> are meant
> to help those who are not familiar with the annoying idiosyncrasies of
> current LISTSERVers.)
>
> Peace.
>
> murli
>
> Murli Nagasundaram, Ph.D
> Asst. Professor, Computer Information Systems
> College of Business, Boise State University
> Boise, ID 83725-1615 USA
> voice:(208) 385-3905; fax:(208) 385-1135; email:rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
> Home Page: http://www.idbsu.edu/business/murli/
> Minds are like parachutes-they operate only when they are open

______________________________
Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.opencirclecompany.com

For the new edition of The Change Handbook, go to:
www.bkconnection.com/ChangeHandbook

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get
burnt, is to become
the fire".
   -- Drew Dellinger