Action Research

Jamie Snook jamiesnook at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 15:45:10 PST 2008

Hi Patricia,

The MACAM program at Royal Roads has a systems thinking lens to it so they will be open to OS and Appreciative Inquiry I am sure. I am just 1/4 through the program and have to start my thesis next fall.

I would certainly be interested in your work in non profit management and community transformation. I am the General Manager for a non profit aboriginal organization in Labrador and the organization is certainly an agent for transformation of various communities.

Although my thoughts are still unclear, for my thesis I would like to articulate the region of Labrador, Canada through a systems lens. I think with this done and using tools like OS, I could then engage Labrador citizens in a Future Search excercise that could be very valuable to the community. Somewhere there is a line where this work could go over into PHD studies I am sure.

I am trying to go slow, to go fast, but I am wanting to jump into an online dialogue with Labrador citizens now and title it the Labrador Dialogue Project using the various principles of OS, AI and World Cafe, with the hope this would inform the direction of my thesis and potential PHD work in the future.

I got a chuckle out of your 30 years younger comment, because I am 32, with a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Staying in the middle of all this is a struggle!

Has anyone out there actually used OS for research purposes?

Jamie