Swedish Wave riders reporting

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Sun Nov 30 04:00:30 PST 2008

Dear friends in Open Space

Last Friday we rode the wave of high performance together with a bunch of
almost 60 people. In the un-presence of “the man with the hat” we had to
ride the waves ourselves and boy it was a ride. At 9 am people were arriving
to have some coffee and to register – and of course the networking began
straight away. Some old friends meeting again, some new interesting
connections and lots of spirit and interest around the theme of our
gathering.

So the design of our meeting was to start with a little transfer-in,
inviting people to get to know each other (sitting in small circles of 4-5).
Then to set the stage we had the great fortune to have world premiere for a
video recording we made the previous week in Canada... Our collegue Rachel
Assuncao was our producer and Larry Peterson “storyteller” sharing from his
rich experiences and his deep knowledge around the power of
selforganization, touching on several of the aspects HO has shared about in
the book. A couple of times we stopped the video, inviting participants to
reflect and also sharing some brief examples from Sweden.

After this first hour we had some coffee and then off into Open Space.
Agneta and Anna Pia facilitated and people thrived in exploring these issues
during the rest of the day. We had plenty of open spaces in the venue chosen
(Uppsala Konsert och Kongress) –that we used for break outs. Before our
closing circle we gave the participants an opportunity to reflect on the
experiences regarding the process, using the Medicine Wheel as a framework.
It was a nice way to get at summary of their experiences regarding the
process and it was a good fit to the theme.

Closing circle was profound, people sharing from their hearts. I am sure
there will be some interesting follow up – both individually and maybe also
new invitations....

The Swedish team wants to join the Germans in thanking Harrison for opening
space for this to happen – even if it was not all through a comfortable ride
– it sure was high learning in many ways and on many levels.

Warm regards from OSI Sweden

Through

Thomas Herrmann

Thomas Herrmann Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email:  <mailto:thomas at openspaceconsulting.com>
thomas at openspaceconsulting.com

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Application%20Data\Micr
osoft\Signaturer\www.openspaceconsulting.com> www.openspaceconsulting.com
Vill du skapa en välmående och effektiv organisation och ta tillvara hela
dess potential?

Open Space Consulting erbjuder dig:
* Lärtillfällen kring hälsa och balans i organisationer
* Analyser av organisatorisk hälsa och balans
* Handledning av effektiva och kreativa möten och konferenser
* Utbildning av mötes- och processhandledare
* Coaching för organisationer i förändring
Ingår i Beyond Performance Group
Vårt antivirusskydd scannar alla utgående mail. Infekterade mail stoppas
automatiskt.