Action Planning

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Thu May 1 04:48:50 PDT 2008

Patricia - I am curious as to how you approached the Action Planning part.
If you did something like "Opening the Space for Action" (a la Chris
Corrigan et al) - and nobody felt moved to move, that may well say more
about the people than the process. And I always trust the people. Working
under the ancient rubric of "You can take a horse to water, but you can't
make him drink" - I have always found that when you invite people to
identify what they have a passion to move (take action on) and then to take
responsibility for doing it - those who care will, and those who don't
won't. Not very complicated!

It also occurs to me that you might have deeper and richer results were you
to expand the group, both in terms of size and diversity. I have found that
small groups do work well in Open Space (five is my smallest) - but the
conversations and results get a lot deeper when there are some more people,
particularly different sorts of people with different, even opposing ideas.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20854

Phone 301-365-2093

Skype hhowen

Open Space Training  <http://www.openspaceworld.com/> www.openspaceworld.com

Open Space Institute  <http://www.openspaceworld.org/>
www.openspaceworld.org

Personal website  <http://www.ho-image.com/> www.ho-image.com

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit:  <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>
www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html