AW: Creating the book in a second- a need for ideas

Catherine Pfaehler c.pfaehler at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 29 14:51:22 PDT 2008

Dear Avner

What I have come to do in my last 6 hour-OS with the Bernese Midwifes’
Association (30 participants) is

-          a notes-taking form that concludes with the 3 most important
things this group discovered

-          my announcement before they started the sessions that somebody of
each group will present these 3 sentences to the whole group after the
sessions, before the sticky dots-period and action planning

-          putting up the copies of the notes taking forms right next to the
topics on the agenda wall

Our book of proceedings then consisted of the list of participants etc.,
plus the index of topics, to which my assistant had added the 3 sentences of
each topic. The “book” was distributed before the presentation of the topics
started, except for the last page. During the short presentation of the 3
sentences of all topics, which happened before action planning, the
assistant added the last session round’s 3 sentences from the wall into the
last page of the index and copied that page for everybody (on 2 printers).
This enabled everybody

-          to follow the presentation of the 3 sentences thanks to the index

-          to take something important home

-          to grasp quickly what was most important in every session a
second time, when they needed to decide where to put their sticky-dots.

-          It also eliminated the problem of sloppy hand-writing.

I am curious how they liked this, compared to last time when we published an
entire book of proceedings. Post-meeting to be held shortly.

Love, Catherine

Catherine Pfaehler Senn

lic.oec.HSG

Open Space Begleitung