practical question: uploading and collating images

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Mon Jun 9 14:44:44 PDT 2008

Marty -- Never under estimate the capacity of a good techie when given a
real challenge! I think what they have suggested will work just fine. And if
not, they will all have a marvelous time figuring out alternatives. But when
dealing with techies, I do have one caution. Strongly suggest that they keep
it simple! Sometimes they tend to make things a little more complicated than
necessary :-) But in any event, it is their meeting, their report -- they
WILL triumph!

I am reminded of an OS I did with a group of very senior Microsoft
engineers. Needless to say I left the whole business of reporting/document
preparation to their discretion. They came up with what they thought was a
totally elegant solution. And who was I to argue? But it did seem a little
bit "over the top." Something like shooting rabbits with an elephant gun.
But they are the pros.

We began. Everything was working like usual. Lots of issues, lots of
excitement, everything happening. But when it came to the moment that the
first reports needed to be entered -- Nada, Zilch, Nothing! The elegant
solution was obviously a work in progress. The engineers asked me what I
thought, to which I replied, "Something simple -- like a Word template with
inserted images for their wonderful graphics."

Worked like a charm. I just love it when a plan comes together! Always think
of one more thing not to do! Always works.

Harrison