Comedy Cafe in Open Space in NYC

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Tue Jul 29 20:26:50 PDT 2008

Dear all,

Just back home from the WOSonOS, a very rich experience of course. Deep bow
to Lisa Heft and the Host Team! Indeed OSlist's chief meteorologist-poet
Jeff Aitken's Whether Re-Port captured the essence of the event most
accurately! What a delightful opportunity to be in the presence of some of
the Usual Suspects and to meet some most Unusual Ones, too!

...including as young as 6 months old and another who in a shamanic sleight
of hand bid an unintended adieu to his teddy bear after the closing circle.
Might that make the bear the totem animal for "Whatever happens..."? Have a
bear of a time as the re-phrase?

And congrats to Gail West and the 2009 Host Team...and Michael Pannwitz, sr.
and the 2010 Host Team!

And the last post-WOSonOS event I had the privilege to be a part of was the
world premiere of Alan's Comedy Cafe.

It was a joy and delight to be part assistant and part participant in the
alpha-test of this new genre.

12 curious souls joined Alan in this evening in exploring G.O.D. Indeed, it
was a delicious exploration of the questions:

What is the New Story of growing old today? And how can humor help us live
even more diss/this-greys-fully?

Indeed it was a night of new ideas, the beginnings and hints of a New Story,
and more...

Should you know of people in the New York area who might be interested,
please consider passing the information on.

The worst thing that could happen is that they might like it...indeed a very
sinful and fattening way of engaging with the most intimate strangers you've
always met.

wormly and in startling granularity,

raffi

Dear Spacers All

You are especially invited . to something different

Do you have a sense of humor and enjoy being part of a small group which
co-creates surprises?

And are you prepared to step out into the unknown where there is a prospect
of delightful experiencing and fun?

If so this is for you. It's a comedy show probably unlike any you have
encountered - yet!

For it's one in which the bulk of the humor is generated by the members of
the audience. How's that for a bit of fun?

This happens Caf� style, meaning that people sit at small tables and
periodically address questions related to the theme of the event.

My role as 'ambience director' is to set the scene with some standup and
stories. And to evoke guiding principles such as 'Whoever comes are the
right people to invent the event, which will only happen once in human
history.' Also to make clear that everyone's contributions are part of the
whole mix.

After which I invite all present to have conversations, in small groups, and
then share what pops out from the spontaneous co-creation.

Topic: 'Growing Old Disgracefully'

Who does not have a 'take' on this that they would wish to share - and hear
the perspectives of others?

The shows will be held in San Francisco just after WOSonOS

Venue: RedVic Peace Cafe

Dates: Mon 28 and possibly also Tues 29 July, 2008

Time: 8 - 9.30pm

Tickets: $20 (or less if cost is a problem, or more if it is not!) includes
bottled water setup, tea, freshly brewed coffee and delicious snacks

And in New York City a few days later

Date: Friday 1 August, 2008

Venue: Gershwin Hotel

Time and tickets as above.

Part proceedings to the Open Space Access Queen fund and to World Cafe
Community Foundation.

Do come along if you happen to be in either of these places, and do also
please alert your friends, family and colleagues who may be. (The shows are
for all ages).

You can secure places through me until Saturday 12 July. I will indicate how
to do the bookings. After this they will be open to the public.

"At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new
possibilities." Jean Houston

Looking forward

Alan Stewart alan at multimindsolutions.com