Whatever happens....

Christy Lee-Engel cdleee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 09:09:43 PDT 2008

Ashley dear, and OS friends everywhere,

Feeling you here in SF in heart & spirit!

As I look at the proceedings from day one on the wall this morning, I want
to send this as another ripple for this thought stream, from a session
convened by Michelle Howard of Australia on "Rattling the Cage: Power and
Participation in Open Space":

"...Many of us felt uncomfortable with the implications of 'Whatever happens
is the only thing that could have.' Is this an abdication of our
responsibility as facilitators for the qualities we support in an open space
process? What are the qualities for being ready? What does readiness for
open space look like?

"Open space takes time and has its own rhythm - self-organization takes
time, for trust to develop, for the unspoken to manifest. *Open space is
evolutionary* - over longer periods of time the dynamics in a group often
get challenged. It is powerful then the dynamics become the content -
powerful changes can emerge.

"...The principles and the law of open space seem to primarily relate to
'content' and can allow us to stay on the surface if we let them. '*When
people are not seen, heard and loved - mischief occurs!'* We need to find
non-threatening ways to engage the disengaged - do not underestimate the
power of the invitation..."

Heidi Nobantu Saul of the Fabulous WOSonOS host team is ringing the bells
now to open the morning circle.

love, Christy

ps John and Merline Engle are here with their beautiful children and I am
hoping some of my photos will turn out well & I can share them with you.
--
Christy Lee-Engel, ND, LAc
206.399.0868