Whatever happens....

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Thu Jul 24 12:43:47 PDT 2008

Hey Ash...perhaps I'll gather some butterfly nectar on his one....

Wish you were here with us!

Chris

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:28 AM, ashley cooper <mail.easilyamazed at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello friends around the world,
>
> Feeling those gathered in San Francisco, swimming in the hearty open space
> soup, I find a myself pondering a topic I would host if I were there... a
> topic I'd love to have a conversation around.
>
> I'm curious about the wording of the principle, "what ever happens is the
> only thing that could have". I know John Engle brought this question up in
> the past http://www.openspaceworld.org/news/2007/05/11/whatever-happens/and I'm still curious about it.
>
> I find that people sometimes use it as a block to reflection, a reason to
> not look back and learn from what didn't happen because "whatever happens is
> the only thing that could have." Yes, and...
>
> I love the principle for the acceptance that it invites. And I struggle
> with it because there is a sense of finality that it also invites (if you
> want to let yourself go there). We did what we did and that's, that. Which
> is true... And...
>
> I appreciate how in Haiti they are playing with *What Happens is what
> happens - learn and move forward. *I like the learn and keep moving part.
> *
> *Are there other ways that people phrase this principle? How do you invite
> the spirit of acceptance and invitations to be with what is alive and
> happening in the moment, while also inviting reflection and learning from
> what has and has not emerged?
> *
> *If anyone at WOSonOS is reading this and you find this conversation
> springing up in your face to face time, please do share your harvest with
> us. I'm contemplating posting a skype session tomorrow morning on this
> topic... and I've not yet been able to commit myself to being inside at the
> computer tomorrow morning!!
>
> Alive and grateful,
> Ashley
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Facilitation - Training - Process Design
Open Space Technology

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com

Principal, Harvest Moon Consultants, Ltd.
http://www.harvestmoonconsultants.com