Living Peace: the open space of our lives

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Sat Jul 19 14:49:40 PDT 2008

Dear friends and colleagues,

Roll the pixel presses, as Michael Herman is wont to say, Living Peace: the
open space of our lives is out!

Late last year, I extended an invitation on this and other OSlists to write
a piece for an e-book in response to the question:

What is your personal practice of open space?

You can now download the e-book at:

http://www.archive.org/details/LivingPeaceTheOpenSpaceOfOurLives

Just click on "PDF" or "HTTP" in the upper left box...

Contributors from Canada, India, Germany, Switzerland, Russia, United
States, Sweden, and China (Hong Kong) responded. Delightfully, they include
both the Usual Suspects and some unusual ones.

Some were with OST from the very beginning, others came to it just 2-3 years
ago.

And they approach the inquiry in different ways.

Here are the implicit questions belying some of the pieces:

*What has been my own personal path to living in Open Space?

*What practical tools do I use to live in Open Space on a day to day basis?

*If an essential aspect of living in Open Space is living in invitation,
what is the invitation my family and I want to extend to the world? And what
does that invitation look like in practice?

*What does Open Space practice look like in day-to-day family life?

*What clues does Open Space offer in learning to muddle through life with grace?

*What does living in Open Space look like in the face of deep personal tragedy?

*What does it look like to live in open space in the face of deep shame?

*What does living in open space look like when human experience is mediated
more and more by technologies hatched in a Dominance Paradigm?

I feel very grateful to all involved in this project. A deep bow to you all!
It was great fun!

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, responses, questions, and
suggestions on Living Peace.

And if you'd like to share your piece for a future edition of the book, drop
me a line!

And a request for assistance:
I'd like to get this up on a separate website so that people could post
comments. If anyone could offer my assistance on this, please contact me
offlist!

warmly,
and until WOSonOS XVI,

Raffi