World Open Space on Open Space 2008 - registration is still open

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Jul 7 08:36:46 PDT 2008

Hello, dear colleagues -

I must confess to something: I am addicted to our WOSonOS registration
process - I visit it to see who has joined our amazing learning journey this
month - the World Open Space on Open Space in San Francisco.

I see colleagues from 15 countries - diversely experienced folks who have
used OS for everything from corporate strategic planning to product design
to conflict transformation in world hot spots. Young people and elders.
People who have used Open Space since before it had a name, and people newly
emerging into the field.

Our little Host Team has been helping people with visa invitation letters,
housing, and all the details of putting on a great event.  Our citizen
journalists will be blogging and sending news to you during the conference.
Caterers and colleagues are our partners in 'greening' the conference
(recycling and best use of resources). Some lovely pin walls (remember your
earlier conversation?) are ready for duty (graciously provided by our
friends at Neuland), and registrants and their friends are planning what
they wish to offer in the Global Village Marketplace and the Silent Auction.
Access Queen is helping people with access issues, travel tips, home stays,
accommodation information, and a warm welcome to our lovely global
community.

I also saw an error - our web page discussing registration had a deadline on
it - and while that may have made sense when I wrote it many months ago, our
registration process and plans allow us to be much more flexible than that.
So: fabulous Justin has just updated that text. This message is to tell you
that registration for the WOSonOS is still open... and we look forward to
seeing you!

*         July 21-22 - Open Space Learning Workshop - pre-conference
workshop for those of you newer to Open Space

*         July 22, evening - Author Evening with the wonderful Harrison Owen
and the launch of the newest Third Edition of "Open Space Technology: A
User's Guide"

*         July 23, evening - Welcome and casual reception, to meet old and
new friends

*         July 24 morning - July 26 mid-afternoon - World Open Space on Open
Space

*         July 24, evening - Dinner and celebration

*         July 28, mid-day - Fabulous Facilitators pot-luck lunch and
conversation

*         September 20 - OpenSpace-Online virtual Open Space conference

For more information about the WOSonOS and the OpenSpace-Online conference,
Global Village Marketplace and Silent Auction, the Open Space Learning
Workshop, currency conversion, weather, information on airports and ground
transit and more, and to register for the WOSonOS, see
<http://wosonos2008.org/> http://wosonos2008.org

Cheers from a sunny San Francisco Bay Area morning,

Lisa Heft

On behalf of the WOSonOS 2008 Host Team

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator