Advice on running Open Space with 250-300 people

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Jan 4 06:53:54 PST 2008

Aslak -- Thanks for sharing. The pairing of Lightning Talks and Open Space
may be new, but the linking of other less enlightened versions of the
Talking Head and Open Space is a fairly common practice. More usually it is
done with a first day of Talking Heads and the second in Open Space. This
arrangement may have a certain advantage, I think, if only because starting
an Open Space after lunch (starting anything after lunch) is a real slow
burn. For myself, I rather think of a nap. Be that as it may I always find
myself wondering how much is really gained. Or put another way, how much of
the material covered by the talking heads would not have come out anyway --
but not as presentations but rather as deeply engaged dialogue? Would you
miss something? I am sure you would in that some of the talking heads would
fail to share their thoughts. However, it has also been my experience that
nothing with some real passion behind it fails to make the scene. Just a
wonderment.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the
archives Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html