OSI Canada Call

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Thu Jan 10 14:11:40 PST 2008

We know that some folks with interests in Canada are not current members
of OSI Canada.  We also know some may be interested in our developments.
So, we are letting everyone know about an upcoming conference call as we
move forward.  Please join us if you have an interest (maybe even some
passion) as to the future of OSI Canada.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada
416.653.4829

 <mailto:larry at spiritedorg.com> larry at spiritedorg.com
 <http://www.spiritedorg.com> www.spiritedorg.com

Open Space Institute of Canada
 <http://www.openspacecanada.org> www.openspacecanada.org
info at openspacecanada.org

  _____

LE
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Larry%20Peterson\My%20Documents\O
SI\Notes%20and%20Newsletters\Calls%2008\OSIC%20Invitation%20to%20January
%2022%202008%20Telecalls%20%20Invitation%20à%20la%20téléconférences%20du
%2022%20janvier%202008.htm#Francais#Fran>  FRANÇAIS SUIT – French
version follows

The Open Space Institute of Canada is holding an Open Space conference
call meeting on the theme “The Future of Open Space Institute of Canada”
on Tuesday, January 22 at 7:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (Note this new
start time). OSIC covers the majority of the financial costs for the
call. For more details see the Annex below.  This invitation is made to
anyone familiar with Open Space Technology who would become member of
OSIC before the meeting.

Using an open space format, this conference call invites discussion on
all aspects of this special theme -- how can we make the OSIC work
better for us?  Questions, issues, challenges, and opportunities that
members wish to explore may be posted at the virtual marketplace before
(by emailing the facilitator below) or during that OST meeting.  Topics
that have already been submitted include:
*	OSIC Leadership and Business -- e.g. the concept of Steering
Committee, shared leadership,  a sustainable OSIC and making it clear
that people are truly wanted in this circle
*	Réseau Francophone Forum ouvert (RFFO) – New francophone network
within OSIC: what will be the relationship; how will we function?
*	The Benefits of OSIC Membership -- e.g., is publishing in the
Newsletter
reserved to members? What benefits could we highlight to help us recruit
new
members?
*	Membership Drives -- new dates, approaches and rates
*	Administration & Finance -- e.g. Decision on the OSIC
secretariat. Funds received from Réseau Francophone Forum ouvert .
Financial update

We look forward to this OS virtual meeting with members of the OSIC
community. For more information on OSIC or to join:
www.openspacecanada.org <http://www.openspacecanada.org/>

Please confirm your participation with the OSIC Secretariat at
info at openspacecanada.org

Doug Marteinson, marteinson at telus.net
Facilitator for January 22 meeting

 <http://www.openspacecanada.org/> Annex – New Calling System
Owing to the high cost of supporting the regular OSIC conference call,
we would like to try an alternate method.  This involves dialing the
Conference Bridge Dial-In Number (as usual) and entering the access code
when prompted (as usual).  The difference is that the Conference Bridge
Line is not toll-free, so participating members will have to pay their
own long-distance charge but OSIC will then accept applications from
members to have the cost of these calls applied towards their next
year's membership fee.

Those who do not have an economical long-distance package with their
phone provider can dial 10-10-925 and then the Bridge Line number.  On
your next phone bill, there will be a cost line from YAK.com.  Given
YAK's current North American rate of $0.05 per minute, a 90-minute call
should not cost more than $4.50.

Register to the meeting as usual by sending an email to the OSIC
Secretariat, info at openspacecanada.org.
Conference dial-in and access numbers will be sent to registrants in
advance of the call.

  _____

L’Open Space Institute of Canada (OSIC) organise une réunion audio
(conférence téléphonique) en Forum ouvert sur le thème «L’avenir de
l’Open Space Institute of Canada », le 22 janvier 2008 à 19h00 (heure
d'Ottawa - heure normale de l'Est). Notez cette nouvelle heure. L’OSIC
assume la majeure partie des frais de ces appels. Pour plus de
renseignements, voyez l’annexe au bas.

Toutes personnes qui  connaissent l'approche Forum ouvert (FO) et qui
voudraient devenir membre de l'OSIC avant cette réunion sont invitées.

À cet appel conférence qui se déroulera sous format Forum ouvert (Open
Space), les discussions porteront sur des :

o        Questions en lien avec la pratique du Forum ouvert et des
activités reliées que les participantes et participants voudront
explorer en les affichant au Marché virtuel, avant ou durant la
rencontre FO.

o        Leadership et opérations de l’OSIC – ex. Le concept de comité
directeur, leadership partagé, un OISC durable et être clair que la
participation des gens à ce cercle est vraiment désirée.

o        Réseau Francophone Forum ouvert (RFFO) – Nouveau réseau
francophone au sein de l’OSIC : quel sera la relation, comment
allons-nous fonctionner?

o        Bénéfices aux membres de l’OSIC – ex. est-ce que la publication
dans le Bulletin est réservée aux membres? Quels bénéfices devrions-nous
souligner pour favoriser le recrutement de nouveaux membres?

o        Campagne d’adhésion – nouvelles dates, approches et taux

o        Administration & Finances – Décision au sujet du secrétariat de
l’OSIC.  Fonds reçus du Réseau Francophone Forum ouvert. Rapports
financiers.

Nous serons heureux de retrouver les membres de la communauté de l'OSIC
à cette rencontre virtuelle. Pour des renseignements sur l’OSIC ou pour
vous joindre : www.openspacecanada.org <http://www.openspacecanada.org/>

Pour confirmer votre participation à la prochaine conférence
téléphonique, veuillez joindre le secrétariat à l’adresse qui suit.

Secrétariat OSIC,  <mailto:info at openspacecanada.org>
info at openspacecanada.org

Doug Marteinson, marteinson at telus.net
Animateur de cette prochaine rencontre

Annexe – Nouveau système de conférence téléphonique
À cause des coûts trop élevés des réunions en conférences téléphonique,
nous proposons l’essai d’une méthode alternative. Vous devrez signaler
un numéro de conférence (comme à l’habitude) et entrer le code d’accès
(comme à l’habitude). La différence est que cette ligne n’est pas
gratuite et que vous devrez assumer les coûts mais l’OSIC va accepter
les demandes des membres de réduire de leurs frais d’adhésion de l’année
suivante, le coût de ces appels.

Si vous n’avez pas des taux économiques d’appels, vous pouvez signalez
10-10-925 et ensuite le numéro de la conférence. Sur votre prochaine
facture, apparaîtra l’item Yak.com dont les tarifs en Amérique du Nord
sont de 5 cents la minute. Une réunion en conférence téléphonique de 90
minutes ne devrait donc pas coûter plus de 4,50$.

Inscrivez-vous à la réunion en communiquant avec le secrétariat OSIC
info at openspacecanada.org.
Les détails pour vous joindre à la conference téléphonique vous seront
transmis avant la téléconference. <http://www.openspacecanada.org>