"Online Climate Summit" - held on the basis of OpenSpace-Online (x-posted to Genuine Contact List)

Gabriela Ender gabriela.ender at OpenSpace-Online.com
Thu Jan 10 01:08:00 PST 2008

Dear Open Space friends around the globe!

Together with the best wishes for an exciting 2008 I am pleased to inform you about a very special project:

On December 4, 2007 the "First German Online Climate Summit" was held on the basis of the OpenSpace-Online Methodology. Patron of the event was the President of the German Federal Environment Agency, the organizer was the "Deutsche Städte- und Gemeindebund" (German Association of Towns and Municipalities), financial support and sponsorship for the project was provided by Cisco Systems and the concept and technology partner was OpenSpace-Online GmbH. The aim of this event was to enable an improvement in the quality of interdisciplinary, open and - at the same time - result-oriented collaboration, with the involvement of the most important environmental and climate experts in Germany, while simultaneously starting a comprehensive information and communication campaign under the motto "local authorities protecting the climate". The First German Online Climate Summit was intended to be the kick-off event for fast, unbureaucratic and forward-looking collaboration over long distances and across borders for organizations, institutes and universities, as well as public and local authorities.

For the German Association of Towns and Municipalities the online climate summit and the use of the OpenSpace-Online method was a resounding success. They say: "Our intention is to continue the online climate summit in the coming years, possibly at an international level. The results of the summit will be included in the face-to-face event "Climate Protection and Energy Efficiency - Local Authority Strategies for Action and Methods of Resolution", which will be held by the German Association of Towns and Municipalities on January 11, 2008 in cooperation with the Federal Environment Ministry (with the participation of the Minister of the Environment)."

We have a few more information about the online climate summit at our website. If you are interested please click here:
<http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com/en/climate-summit2007.php>

It looks good, that during the further process an OST conference will play as well an important part within this project. I will be pleased to inform you about next Open Space highlights (offline and online) regarding this project in the future.

I wish you all a wonderful start for Year 2008 and I look forward to see many of you in San Francisco this summer!

Gabriela

OpenSpace-Online GmbH - The Power of People!
Winner of the "Top 10 World Changer 2006" Award
Resselsteig 30, 12209 Berlin, Germany
eMail: contact at OpenSpace-Online.com
website: http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com
phone: +49-(0)30-772 31 69
fax: +49-(0)30-77 39 20 21
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 75583
Managing Director: Gabriela Ender