WOSonOS 2008 - Mark Your Calendars - corrected version

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Jan 2 12:23:04 PST 2008

Okay, so -then- I noticed a typo.  The Fabulous Facilitators date is Monday,
July 28.  (I'll just do this over and over again until I get it right! ;o)

Here is the corrected version:

Hello, fabulous colleagues -

I am finishing up some work on our invitation and registration - so it is
coming out in several weeks.  In this message I want to remind you of the
dates for our lovely 2008 WOSonOS, so that you can be sure to mark it in
your calendars....(I am so excited....)

World Open Space on Open Space 2008 - San Francisco, California, USA

Monday, July 21 and Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - Open Space Learning Workshop

(for anyone who has not yet experienced Open Space - to learn about process
and pre-work so that your explorations at the WOSonOS event with others can
go deeper - for those who will be unable to come to the WOSonOS who would
like to learn how to facilitate Open Space - or for those who may use Open
Space but wish a chance to learn more with others.)

Tuesday evening, July 22 - A casual conversation with Harrison Owen and the
launch of his 3rd Edition of "Open Space Technology: A User's Guide"

(some time with 'the guy in the hat' and opportunities to be the very first
owners of this latest greatest edition of this incredibly useful book)

Wednesday evening, July 23 - Welcome reception

(casual evening with little things to eat as we all arrive from our various
homes around the globe and visit with each other)

Thursday, July 24 through mid-afternoon on Saturday, July 26 - World Open
Space on Open Space

(exploring learning, inquiry, applications, variations, use across cultures
and industries, tools and resources, complex questions, initiatives you are
working on or would like to start

- whatever it is that *you* would like to convene a session about as
together we learn and share from each other about - and in - Open Space)

 For any of you who may be staying over - Monday, July 28 - Fabulous
Facilitators lunchtime conversation with facilitators from across the San
Francisco Bay Area.

And be prepared to be surprised - there are one or two more events in our
WOSonOS 2008 week and season!

You may wish to plan your trip to arrive a few days early - to acclimate
yourself from your travels and time zones, and to explore lovely San
Francisco and surrounding areas.

The possibilities are rich and diverse -

...from flying a kite or walking along a foggy beach in a reclaimed
marshland ecosystem...

...to a windy walk across the Golden Gate Bridge...

...to taking field trips with your family or friends to Muir Woods to see
the redwood trees...

...to exploring the great neighborhoods of San Francisco - for example:

o        enjoy an Italian pastry and attend the North Beach Jazz Festival

o        look for lost hippies and love beads in the Haight Ashbury

o        enjoy the Balmy Alley murals in the Mission District

o        walk hand-in-hand with your partner (of any gender) in the gay
Castro District

o        sample local organic produce at the Farmers' Market at the
waterfront's Ferry Building

o        take your kids to Zeum the kids' museum or visit the Museum of
Modern Art

o        ride the cable cars up and down the city's hilly streets

o        eat around the world via cuisine from Vietnam, Italy, Thailand,
Central America, Spain, Morocco and many other cuisines and ethnic cultures

o        see diverse explorations of identity, struggle, humor and culture
at the San Francisco Jewish Film Festival...

o        drive out to Wine Country to taste local wines and foods and attend
the Napa Sonoma Wine Country Film Festival...

...or just hang out with your old and new friends, sip cool beverages, talk
about life and watch the world go by.

Soon we will open our registration process and give you more details about
the events and opportunities associated with WOSonOS 2008.

Cheers!

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator

O p e n i n g  S p a c e