Open Space workshop at IAF North America Conference

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sun Feb 3 16:38:28 PST 2008

Hi, Michele -

Thank you for your interest in the Open Space trainings - I looked on the UK
website

http://www.openspaceuk.com/index.php/practictioners

...where I did not see anything listed for 'events' but I wanted to refer
you to practitioners there - perhaps you can ask some of them if they have
any trainings coming up.

It turns out that a lot of facilitators (of any method, much less Open
Space) do not do trainings - such different skill-sets.

I know several of those colleagues but I don't know if any of them give
workshops.

But there are periodically trainings in France, Berlin, and Scandinavia, as
you may know from the OSLIST.  I don't know if that sort of travel would be
accessible for you.

I'm actually coming to London in April to do some Open Space - but it's not
a training - it's an interactive plenary session in a conference for meeting
planners.

I do give trainings in various parts of the world wherever and whenever I am
hosted - so if you are part of a collaboration, university or other entity
with capacity to bring me over, we can certainly talk about that.  But I'm
hoping that in the community of practitioners above you may find something
more accessible in your own region and just be able to come there to learn
and share experience and knowledge.

And - who knows - if it works for you to join us in July this year in San
Francisco (let's hear it for airplane ticket money falling from the sky into
your well-deserving hands) you could join us for the Open Space Learning
Workshop just before the World Open Space on Open Space.

Whenever I am the host of a workshop, everyone can pay whatever they can
afford - so if by chance you find the travel money, you can pay whatever you
can afford over that for the registration. And there is a very low-cost
hostel just up the hill from our San Francisco workshop. So keep that in
mind should the travel-to-the-USA situation present itself.

I never know what the year will bring - so who knows if my travels and
trainings will take me back to the UK.  What I'll do is keep you on a little
mailing list I have (sporadic - maybe a couple of times a year) that is just
for Open Space workshops - so you'll know when they are for future, just in
case.

It would be a pleasure to learn with and from you in future.

Take care, and keep in touch,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator