Discoveries in Maslow

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Thu Dec 11 08:29:06 PST 2008

Hi Spacers--

Here are some more tantalizing tidbits from Maslow:

It looks as if one way to breed grown-up people is to give them
responsibility, to assume that they can take it, and to let them
struggle and sweat with it. Let them work it out themselves, rather than
overprotecting them, indulging them, or doing things for them. Abraham
H. Maslow, The Farther Reaches of Human Nature, p 230

--

For the average man, life is just a succession of maybes. He doesn't
know why people smile at him or why they don't. It is a very comfortable

--

It draws some of the truly revolutionary consequences of the discovery
that human nature has been sold short, that man has a higher nature

--

Therefore, what the person is craving and wanting and wishing for tends
to be that which is just out ahead of him in the motivational hierarchy.

--

			:- Doug.