Change.gov and Community Weaving

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Thu Dec 18 21:49:06 PST 2008

Dear friends,

Community Weaving - practice for mobilizing a community's existing resources
to increase capacity and resiliency- has been described as Open Space scaled
to a whole community.

It has been proposed as one of the "ideas for changing America" at the
Change.org website, connected with President-elect Obama.

If you are a US citizen, please consider voting for this idea. If it garners
222 more votes it will make it to the next round.

Below is a message from CW's originator, Cheryl Honey.

You can learn more about Community Weaving at http://communityweaving.org/

appreciatively,
Raffi

I posted Community Weaving America initiative to the Change.gov website.
Attached is a copy of the proposal I sent to the Obama Transition Team for
consideration over a month ago.

Here's your chance to vote for the Community Weaving America Initiative by
clickng on the link below and voting for the initiative. Just follow the
simple instructions. Here's the link:
www.change.org/ideas/view/community_weaving_america (You will need to sign
up on the Change.gov site before you can vote...That's easy to do).

Community Weaving America is a community organizing initiative to connect
people to each other so they could share resources and care for one another.
It is designed to restore the culture of "community" and create a voice for
the people through a reciprocal feedback loop between the grassroots and
systems. The initiative is a resource for people to find what they need and
become less reliant on systems to serve them.

If we get enough votes, Obama will announce Community Weaving America as one
of the grassroots efforts he'll support, You have the power to decide if
this is what you want for the future of our country- neighbors helping
neighbors to weave a new grassroots safetynet! Are people ready to help one
another? Are you willing to lend a helping hand to a neighbor in need? We
can transform our future together by tapping our collective capacity to
creatively address the challenges facing our nation. Yes we can do this
together!

We live in exciting times! Let's speak up and show them what we can do to
transform our nation! This is what Obama is asking of us...to help one
another and serve others.

Please pass this along to your friends, family and colleagues and let them
know why you encourage them to vote for Community Weaving America.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Cheryl