Sharing with you the joy of a next milestone

Gabriela Ender gabriela.ender at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 03:49:23 PST 2008

Dear Open Space friends and colleagues, (long)

I am thrilled to share with you a next wonderful milestone on my
OpenSpace-Online path. I can't believe it, next summer this adventure
will have it's 10th anniversary. With great pleasure I can report that
I have been accepted into the highly prestigious international Ashoka
Fellowship Support Network as >> Ashoka Fellow 2008 <<.

Ashoka is the global association of the world's leading social
entrepreneurs, men and women with system changing solutions for the
world's most urgent problems. Ashoka was founded in 1980 by the
American Bill Drayton. The Harvard Center for Public Leadership rates
Drayton as one of the "20 Best Leaders" of the USA. The best-known
Fellow of the Ashoka Network is the Nobel Peace Prize winner, Muhammad
Yunus.  In the meantime since 1980, in almost 70 countries, around
2000 Ashoka Fellows work to promote social and sustainable change in
fields such as health, education & youth, economic development,
environmental protection, regional and urban development, citizen
participation, and human rights.

At the beginning of 2008, I was invited by Ashoka to take part in a
multi-level, national and international selection process.  I have
been through a very intense seven-month process, including a practical
OpenSpace-Online project for Ashoka.  They are very much convinced
about my "do-it-yourself online concept" - the power of virtual
facilitated, solution-oriented self-organization and problem solving
via the Internet in real-time and it's wide spectrum of effects for
individuals, organizations and climate protection around the globe. As
I learned from Ashoka recently, I was able to win against around 300
competitors throughout Germany.  Worldwide, more than 7,000 candidates
were evaluated.

On Nov19th, 2008, Ashoka Germany had arranged a Award Ceremony in
Munich with more than 350 guests. From now Ashoka wants to support me
and the further spread of OpenSpace-Online in many wonderful ways. At
the German Ashoka website there is a video portrait about me and
OpenSpace-Online - currently only in German. During the award
ceremony, I also saw the video for the first time. Here the link:
<http://germany.ashoka.org/gabrielaender>. A few more information are
also at our webiste news section:
<http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com/en/news.php>

At this milestone its very important for me to take a deep breath and
to send again a big THANK YOU to you dear Harrison (!) and to all
other wonderful Open Space and Genuine Contact (TM) colleagues and
friends far and near, who supported and trusted me in so many
different ways during the whole years. Thank you so much, dear OS and
dear GC community!

Warmly from Berlin,
Gabriela

OpenSpace-Online GmbH - The Power of People!
Winner of the "Top 10 World Changer 2006" Award
Resselsteig 30, 12209 Berlin, Germany
eMail: contact at OpenSpace-Online.com
website: http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com
phone: +49-(0)30-772 31 69
fax: +49-(0)30-77 39 20 21
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 75583
Founder & Managing Director: Gabriela Ender