OST in Spanish

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Tue Aug 26 13:59:15 PDT 2008

Dear Jaime,
the colleague asking me is Bettina Kolbeck from Germany, I am ccing this
mail to her.
She conducted an open space with Piotr Banach from Poland (where he is
spreading open space in the order of the Pallotines of which he is a
member) in Fatima/Portugal where about a third of the 180 participants
came from Spain asking for a spanish translation.
She is actually looking for a spanish version of the Guide and I am
amazed that there isnt one...I imagine a huge need.
So, she might contact you.
If you ever get into the mood, why dont you take the lead and translate
it. All you need is a publisher in Peru or Bolivia who gets a license
from Berrett Koehler for the publication and lets you translate it (it
needs an open space wise person to do the translation, there is a
translation into German which is plain horrid).
We just got a license in cooperation with a small German publisher for
the latest book of Marvin Weisbord and Sandra Janoff. Berrett Köhler is
quite cooperative. They do take a license fee, of course. In case you
need support (money, dont underestimate the amount of time it takes to
produce a translation...actually, it has to be rewritten in Spanish, not
translated directly) you might want to consider taking a grant or better
a loan from the world map surplus which has as its aim to spread open
space to everywhere...and books can help.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp