OS at the core of arts/sustainability gathering in May '09?

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Aug 6 13:23:05 PDT 2008

Wonderful! The secret I think -- is don't make it too complicated, don't try
and explain it -- just open a lot of space/time for wonderful art. There is
a lot of tradition about this, starting more than 10 years ago when a good
friend conducted an Open Space for the Arts Councils of America (a project
of the Pew Foundation) -- 2 days in Open Space with a theme something like
Bringing Art to America. When people announced their sessions at the opening
they often did it in their own art form. Dancers danced it -- singers sang
it, and musicians made the music. There were no "special performances" --
everything was performance. And it truly rocked! And it was also very
substantive with careful attention the sorts of things that Art's Councils
need to pay attention to -- but there was no distinction between art and
life. It was all one glorious unity -- which is what true art is all about,
I think. Lots of details and connections if you want. Phelim and Matilda --
where are you???

Harrison

Harrison Owen
189 Beaucaire Ave
Camden, ME 04843
207-763-3261 (Summer)
301-365-2093 (Winter)
Website www.openspaceworld.com
Personal Website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options