San Francisco zoo

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 00:41:35 PDT 2008

thanks for reminding me that the San Francisco Bay Area has the most amazing
numbers of hummingbirds.  I am 54, lived in the Midwest much of my life.
Until I moved to California two years ago, I am not sure I ever actually saw
a hummingbird even though my backyard when, in the early eighties, I lived
in Omaha, Nebraska had a hummingbird feeder.  My daughter and I never saw a
hummingbird.  To tell you the truth, I began to doubt their existence.  We
faithfully kept food out, the food disappeared. . . . but we kinda lost
faith.

Here in Northern California, I see them, like, ALL the time.  They come up
close to me. They really do hum. Also, they sparkle and shimmer, don't they?
Such amazing beings.

But. . . aren't all beings amazing?!!!!

Whew, I am so relieved to know Finn's bear has been saved.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Alan Stewart <alanmstewart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ralph and Matilda
>
> My wife Carmen has a 'thing' about humming birds too. She will go into
> absolute ecstacy when I relate my seeing of their doing at the Presidio ...
>
> With love
>
> Alan
> www.multimindsolutions.com
>

> On 7/31/08, Phelim McDermott <phelim at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ralph,
>>
>> The last thing my  girlfriend Matilda and and I saw at Wosonos in SF
>> straight after the closing circle was a Beautiful hummingbird doing it's
>> nectar thing.. (She had never seen one before) and squirrels.. well don't
>> start her on squirrel activity!!
>>

>> Phelimx
>>  On 31 Jul 2008, at 09:21, Ralph Copleman wrote:
>>
>>  *On groundhogs and fireflies...*
>>

>> My wife and I once spent a delightful afternoon in the San Francisco zoo.
>>  Clearly their animal collection is incomplete.
>>

>> And I once passed an entire OT symposium as a self-described butterfly,
>> sitting in the hotel lobby with my laptop working on a poem that I
>> eventually shared during the closing circle.  During all those butterfly
>> hours, all sorts of people fluttered by for short visits, some of them more
>> than two or three times, and I found that people I had known for years at
>> these annual OS events -- well I didn't really know them at all, and at
>> least one life-long friendship then developed.  That week I came to deeply
>> respect the concept of butterfly-ness, something I hadn't really taken
>> seriously until then.
>>

>> In New York City, at an OS event I once facilitated, a participant came up
>> to me and said I needed to add another insect metaphor.  Butterflies and
>> bumblebees were too soft.  New Yorkers love their sharp, colorful,
>> rough-and-tumble, take-no-prisoners, style of dialogue, and many in that
>> often quirky big city relish sarcasm.  This woman suggested I add hornets to
>> the lexicon, because they have more sting.  I haven't, but I remembered the
>> idea.  And personally, the more I think of it, the more I want to try out
>> the groundhog thing.  Or the firefly.  Perhaps a cricket, or a hummingbird,
>> or a flying squirrel...
>>

>> I wish I'd been there with you.
>>

>> Ralph
>>

>>   Ralph Copleman
>> 44 Titus Avenue
>> Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
>> H: 609-896-9714
>> C: 609-865-3466
>>

>> * * ==========================================================
>> OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
>> subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
>> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
>> http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about
>> OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist
>>

>> * * ==========================================================
>> OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
> [...]

Love rays,
Tree Fitzpatrick

http://thecultureoflove.blogspot.com/

. . . the great and incalculable grace of love, which says, with Augustine,
"I want you to be," without being able to give any particular reason for
such supreme and unsurpassable affirmation. -- Hannah Arendt

1335 Montecito Ave Apt. 35
Mountain View, California 94043
(650) 967-9260