Just opened space for 550 at the Kellogg Food and Society Conference

Caitlin Frost caitlin.frost at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:38:49 PDT 2008

Hi Chris,

Excited for you that it is in motion.

On your thoughts on being the Empty One today - here is a Byron Katie
excerpt for you that resonated for me when I read it last night in A
Thousand Names for Joy, in connection to the Tao - *Practice not doing, and
everything will fall into place*.
*
The Master Leads simply by being.  Being looks like doing the dishes,
answering the phone and the e-mail, shopping, going to work, driving the
kids to school, feeding the dog (picking up coffee cups.cmf..) , doing one
thing at a time without a past or a future.  She doesn't empty people's
minds.  She doesn't have to (even if that was possible.)  The way she helps
people is by living out of don't-know, can't-know, no-need-to-know,
not-possible-to-know, nothing-to-know. People are attracted to a life lived
with such weightlessness, such lightness of heart.  they begin to notice
where they are, **who they are, looking into the living mirror without their
stressful thoughts.*

Have fun!

Caitlin.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Chris Corrigan <chris at chriscorrigan.com>
wrote:

> Hi colleagues:  A report from the field...
>

> I just opened space here for 550 people at the Food and Society
> Conference.  This was the biggest OST gathering I have ever facilitated, and
> it's huge in importance as well.  There must have been close to 100 sessions
> proposed for today and I'm just gathering my energy for a long day and night
> ahead of compiling the proceedings document.
>
> I'm a stranger to the good food movement in the United States, and so it's
> hard for me to know what the agenda looks like, but like all Open Space
> events I trust that it is what is needed right now.  Our organizing question
> was: "If you take the margins and social justice seriously, what are the
> bold conversations you need to have to amplify and accelerate the impact of
> good food."  I stepped into the circle following a powerful talk on
> structural racism in the food system given by today's provocateur, Maya
> Wiley from the Center for Social Inclusion<http://www.centerforsocialinclusion.org/struct_racism.html>.
> She dropped a great challenge into the centre of the circle, speaking about
> the radical nature of this room full of people.  People were ready to get to
> work.  I have rarely seen a flood to the centre of the room as I just
> experienced.  It's kind of overwhelming.
>
> So the participants are in a break now, and soon enough the remainder of
> the day will be self-organized.  Learning a lot about working with great
> friends, all of whom had my back this morning and had the logistics nailed
> down pretty well.  We had to prepare 140 breakout spaces, in a conference
> facility <http://www.wildhorsepassresort.com/> that is over the top
> luxurious and is pretty concerned about the aesthetics of randomly places
> pods of chairs.  Within these constraints, the conference staff have been
> great and the hosting team rocks.  It's impossible to do one's best work
> alone.
>
> You can follow along with the gathering at the Food and Society<http://www.foodandsociety2008.org/Default.aspx?tabid=56&ItemID=5000456&NID=5010456>website.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Chris
>

> --
> CHRIS CORRIGAN
> Facilitation - Training - Process Design
> Open Space Technology
>
> Weblog: http://www.chriscorrigan.com/parkinglot
> Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com
>
> Principal, Harvest Moon Consultants, Ltd.
> http://www.harvestmoonconsultants.com * *

May the beauty we love be what we do.
Rumi

CAITLIN M FROST
Facilitation, Project Management, Coaching
Principal - Harvest Moon Consultants Ltd.