Public Merger

Steven List anotherthought at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:35:43 PDT 2008

Awesome description, Harrison.  I love the closing comment ("We are merged.
Now we have to figure out the details.")

I actually went on the web a few weeks back to find some "real" talking
sticks, bought some, and brought them with me to Redmond.  At the first
(Microsoft) event, we used a stick for a full-group circle discussion.  It
really worked to keep the respect and focus going.  At some point, folks
started tossing the stick across the circle.  One fellow stood up and said
"the stick is the symbol of our respect for each other in this discussion -
we should also treat the stick with respect."  Very cool. We used the stick
again for the closing.

At the second event (ALT.NET), there were about 150 people there, and we did
a full talking stick closing circle.  It was amazing to see how engaged
people could remain while listening to 149 other people make their closing
comments.

Also, Harrison, you speak of taking a post-lunch nap. I found myself a nice
quiet room with comfy chairs, and took a lovely 30-minute power nap while
the participants were in the first session after lunch.  It was glorious!
And wonderful that no one missed me.

The fellow who was the primary organizer of the ALT.NET event took a bunch
of videos with his new HD handheld camera, and has been uploading videos as
time permits.  One of my favorites is a hallway conversation between four
folks.  It's a favorite because it demonstrates, yet again, how the freedom
created by OST fosters communication and connection. One fellow is a
high-profile consultant from Israel.  One is a reasonably well known
developer from here in Austin. One is a high-profile manager/technology guru
at Microsoft, and the fourth is just a guy.  The conversation was pretty
intense.

Steven "Doc" List, CMP
The Money Is In Your Blind Spot!T
Keynote Speaker, Facilitator, Consultant, Master of Ceremonies
Workshop Presenter, Author, Coach, Career Management Professional
AnotherThought, Inc. | 4815 W Braker Ln, Ste 502-111 | Austin, TX 78759
V: 512-246-3533 | M: 512-924-9248 | F: 512-233-2943
www.AnotherThought.com | www.StevenList.com | Austin.ClassesInTown.com
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/stevenlist | Flickr: www.flickr.com/digidragon
AnotherThought at gmail.com