Anybody Home?

Steven List anotherthought at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 19:23:09 PDT 2008

"Hanging from a balloon" - I like that. :)

I just got home from two weeks away during which I facilitated two Open
Spaces. One of them was within Microsoft during their MVP Summit, and I'm
honored to say that it was the "good Open Space" during the week, according
to participants.

At the second one, for a community known as ALT.NET, a couple of people came
up to me and said that they'd recently been to the Agile Northwest Open
Space and that while I did well, their view is that Diana Larsen is still
the best. I'm good with that, since while I haven't seen her facilitate, I
have experienced her leading a workshop and she's outstanding.  I'm quite
happy to be in her shadow.

My favorite quote, though - listen for the tooting of my horn - was from a
senior editor at O'Reilly who said "I've been to a lot of conferences, and
seen a lot of facilitators, and you're one of the best I've seen."  I feel
like maybe I'm now justified in referring to myself as an Open Space
facilitator.

Thanks to all of you guys for sharing this community and this practice.

And thanks particularly to you, Harrison.  The more I learn about you and
read your works, the more I learn from others who have extended and explored
your work, the more I respect and appreciate you.

I just wanna do this all the freakin' time!

As I said in my openings, "it's magic!"

...Doc

Steven "Doc" List, CMP
The Money Is In Your Blind Spot!T
Keynote Speaker, Facilitator, Consultant, Master of Ceremonies
Workshop Presenter, Author, Coach, Career Management Professional
AnotherThought, Inc. | 4815 W Braker Ln, Ste 502-111 | Austin, TX 78759
V: 512-246-3533 | M: 512-924-9248 | F: 512-233-2943
www.AnotherThought.com | www.StevenList.com | Austin.ClassesInTown.com
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/stevenlist | Flickr: www.flickr.com/digidragon
AnotherThought at gmail.com