beyond balloons

Diana Larsen dlarsen at futureworksconsulting.com
Sun Apr 20 07:33:06 PDT 2008

At a recent OS for a client who brought 300+ employees from around the
world together in Helsinki, I had suggested weighted helium balloons
to mark the session locations in a large ballroom. The client agreed.

I arrived expecting regular ovoid balloons in various colors. Instead,
I found that they had purchased 20+ mylar balloons of 20+ various
shapes, each filled with helium and weighted to stand on their own.
So, we had the "guitar" space, the "cow" space, the "snoopy" space,
the "basket of roses" space, etc. etc.

At the end of the time, we gave the balloons to local participants to
take home to their children.

Totally a happy accident that worked really well. Another time, I may
do that deliberately. ;-)

Diana

**
Diana Larsen
co-author: "Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great!"

Ask me about:
* "Secrets of Agile Teamwork: Beyond Technical Skills" *
June 3-5, Portland, Oregon

503 288 3550 www.futureworksconsulting.com/blog