1-minute podcast summary of OS

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sun Apr 13 12:30:19 PDT 2008

John, how amazing and thoughtful you are.

Just tossing in my two cents/pounds (as I am about to fly from US to UK)...

I do find that the reflection circle is important and useful. In
conferences I have done where OS is concurrent with other conference
workshops and such - yes, I have a big sign (explaining things) and a
greeter (usually me) at the door to help welcome new participants dropping
in.  Often the participants take this welcoming/hosting role themselves as
they see someone look in the door.  What I -have- found is that letting
everyone know there -will- be a reflection at the end of the day in this
room allows those who wish to to return, share their experiences of the
day, share thoughts and have a sense of 'touching base' together.  It
could be one person, it could be 30 who come - I will be there sitting in
a circle of chairs in the center of the room.  And some people really like
this as a way to process their experience (OS or otherwise).  Not sure if
you can do this in your situation.

I agree with you Gabriel about reflection -and- about ideally a graphic
documentation (made by participants, a graphic recorder or you) as a way
(and another modality) to reflect upon and think about values and key
themes  or bits of conversation or emotion developing in the room...

I do know however that anything you do will be thoughtful and full of
intention and invitation...

Lisa